How To Make A Referral
The Whole Child provides occupational therapy services and GAPS consultations for children and families.
- Parents and carers may refer their child by contacting us directly.
- Families with NDIS, Helping Children With Autism or Better Start packages can self-refer by contacting us.
- Paediactricians, doctors and other health professionals are welcome to send direct referrals with parent/carer consent. For children with more complex needs Medicare referrals may be possible under a Medicare care plan with the GP.
- Teachers, guidance officers, learning support teachers and other educational professionals are welcome to make referrals with consent of parents and carers. A GP referral may still be needed if the client is eligible for Medicare rebates.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients on the Atherton Tablelands can access The Whole Child Therapy Services by seeing their GP for a Medicare referral. These bulk-billed services are subsidised by CheckUp.